You have now selected a strategy and placed certain limits on your implementation, now try to predict what resources you will need to complete your solution. Things to consider:
- How much time will it take you? (Time is a resource)
- What language features will you need? (Language features/tools are a resource)
- How complex will your function be? (Understandable code is a resource)
- Which test cases will be the trickiest?
- Will any of your test cases conflict with each other?
Hold yourself accountable by writing down your estimations in a new file called "estimates.md".
This bit will be very difficult, don't expect great success from the beginning. Even experienced professional developers have a hard time predicting the resources they will need. Stick to it! The closer you pay attention to what goes into a coding project, the better you'll become at estimation.