Study Runtime Behavior
- A permalink to your PythonTutor step-through
- A description of this test case and why it is interesting
- Your solution and test-case as a snippet
- For each step:
- A prediction of what will happen
- What actually happened (as indicated in PythonTutor)
This step is one of the most important parts of this entire project, it's by carefully stepping through your code that you will learn how JS works behind the scenes. Being able to step through code in your mind is one of the key skills that separates beginner programmers from experts. Carefully filling out your step-through markdowns is the most effective way to build this skill-set.
- How JS steps through a file
- Source code vs. runtime application
- Variable initialization & reassignment
- Definition vs. Execution
- Are Objects and executable procedures
- Scope vs. Context
- Execution contexts ("Frames" in pythontutor)
So stick to it! This step isn't very glamorous but it will set you up for long-term success.